Citywire is an innovative company which gives people great opportunity to advance their careers in a rewarding and fulfilling way.
We have grown from a tiny serviced office to an international business with more than 200 people and offices in Munich, Singapore, Hong Kong, New York and Milan. However, we have not purchased other companies to fuel this growth. Everyone at Citywire has been personally chosen and the company enjoys a really positive culture since it is full of dynamic likeable people who set high standards and also know how to have fun.
We’re always interested to hear from talented and motivated journalists, salespeople, marketers, investment researchers, software developers, web designers, graphic artists, video editors, or indeed anyone who can prove they’d be an asset to our company. Even if you don’t see a specific job vacancy, it’s definitely worth giving us a shout.
A few facts and figures about us…
- We are an owner-managed company – and most members of staff own shares.
- Thomson Reuters, the global financial information business, owns 21% of the company, having come on board by investing in 2001. They remain supportive long-term investors.
- We’re a polyglot bunch, representing more than 20 nationalities, from Brazilians to Ukrainians and Germans to Chileans.
- We hold over 50 events each year in 12 different countries, bringing together professional investors and asset managers in venues ranging from Miami to Berlin and Bangkok.
- Our journalist & content team numbers more than 30, making it one of the biggest in the industry – and certainly one of the best.
- We have a 20-strong audience development team whose job is to get as close as possible to our communities of fund buyers and advisers around the world.
- Our unique, proprietary fund manager database contains performance history on more than 15,000 active managers selling funds registered for sale in 35 territories.
- We’re not like other information or media companies in the B2B arena. We have flourished since the recession and we’ve got a ton of ideas about where to go next.
The stuff we do…
We produce beautiful magazines, indispensable websites, prestigious events and a load of other great stuff. Most importantly though, we build communities, and we’re damn good at it.
Four areas we focus on:
Our award-winning content is delivered both online and in print across our brands, which include: New Model Adviser, Citywire Wealth Manager, Citywire Money, Citywire Global, Modern Investor, Citywire Italia, Citywire Deutschland, Citywire Asia and Citywire Americas.
We primarily cater for financial services professionals by delivering insightful, tailored news, features and opinions. Whether it’s our fast-moving websites or our high quality print magazines, the financial services industry cannot do without us.
Our readers are the most important thing to us which is why we’re dedicated to producing the highest quality content and events.
We have an audience development team that travels the globe meeting readers, building relationships and finding out exactly what they want, so as well as always being first with the news, we are also meeting the needs of our audience.
Design is crucial to ensure our readers get the most out of the up-to-the-minute news we provide. Our design team produces innovative and integrated design solutions across our print and digital publications, websites and events.
Design influences all parts of the business and ensures our audiences engage with our products. It has never been more important to deliver a cohesive visual message as the company grows and attracts new audiences.
Not only is our technology team highly skilled in the most cutting edge technology, programming and design; it is central in making things work for everyone. Relationship building is a key part of the role — endless requirement specification meetings are definitely not!
We work in a fast-paced, agile environment covering many disciplines: data mining, business intelligence, front end development, top notch UX design and hard core back-end programming to name a few.
Most of us work at Citywire HQ in Vauxhall, London. The office is close to the river Thames, located somewhere between Parliament, MI6 and the Oval. We’re surrounded by nice pubs, sandwich bars, green spaces and we’re served by superb transport links.